Friday, January 9, 2009

things learned from married life

1.I learned that it's important to value the time of my partner.

2.You have to involve your partner in decision-making.

3. Above all things, what should remain are respect, love and trust for your partner. Those are the things that give worth to the relationship.

4. Sometimes you have to show respect to your in-laws more than to your own parents.

5. I learned how to prioritize - to discriminate between things that I need and the things that I merely want.

6. You wont know the real person until you're living under the same roof.

7. I have to consult all my thoughts and decisions with my partner.

8. You must have the willingness to adjust and to compromise.

9. I've learned how to accept the not-so-good things I see and discover about my partner.

10. Being in a marriage is not just becoming a husband: it's likewise becoming someone who can foster the needs of your partner and children.

11. There a lot of things that you used to do and that you would love to do, but you just have to forego and sacrifice them.

12. To forgive and forget, to give and to take, to love and be loved.

13. Being a married man equates to having a lot of responsibilities.

14. It taught me how to effectively focus on the things that matter for the sake of your partner and your kids and how to have enough patience to deal with both good and bad things that come your way.

15. Marriage is falling in love with the same person over and over again.



No comments: